According to the UK’s Daily Mail, the move to matcha tea has garnered so many supporters, that it is set to be the most popular superfood of the year. Matcha tea has earned its place on the podium with a wealth of incredible health benefits and a pleasant vegetal taste. Here’s why it got our vote:
- Studies show that it increases metabolism so it helps you keep a healthy weight.
- Drinking the actual tea leaves (matcha is powdered green tea leaves) mean you get 137 times more antioxidants than with a cup of regular green tea.
- Studies show it inhibits renal and hepatic damage for diabetics.
- Studies show that the amino acid L-theanine helps to relax the body and improves concentration.
- Antioxidants like polyphenols EGCg, and L-theanine found in matcha tea boost the immune system and help to combat bacterial, viral and fungal infections as well as gastrointestinal disorders.
- The EGCg in matcha makes for healthy hearts by keeping cholesterol levels low and naturally lowering blood pressure.
- Matcha has chemo-preventative properties that slow the proliferation of cancer cells in bladder and colorectal cancers.
Nutritionist Christine Bailey is a fan: ‘Studies have shown it can boost working memory, enhancing brain cognitive function. Not only is it packed with antioxidants including flavonoids but it is also rich in the amino acid L Theanine which has been shown to aid focus and concentration by stimulating alpha waves in the brain. This can help you focus on tasks at work more successfully and reduce anxiety while the lower levels of caffeine in Green tea can boost alertness.’
Get your own supply of Matcha Zen Tea today and try it out for yourself. It tastes great and it will help you to have a calmer, healthier and more productive day!