What do you get when you add matcha tea to your gazpacho soup? Gazpatcha! This already healthy summer soup can reach superfood status with the addition of some culinary matcha tea powder. Matcha tea powder is packed with antioxidants and helps with weight-loss, improves concentration, relaxes the body, helps maintain blood sugar levels and heart health, and has chemo-preventative properties that help fight cancer.
What you Need
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tbsp. Matcha Zen Culinary Matcha
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until still slightly chunky. Chill for at least two hours (but preferably overnight) and serve cold. Add garnish like basil leaves or parsley and croutons.