OK, so you know how you get a little hangry when you just can’t make it to lunchtime? Well this is the perfect, healthy snack for any time of the day or night. Whether you are looking for a healthy treat for those never-ending school lunches or need to fuel your workout or camping trip, this is the best and most delicious way to power your day.
What you Need
- 1 ½ cups (135 g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (112 g) roasted unsalted almonds, loosely chopped
- 1 cup (200 g) pitted dates (chopped into small pieces)
- 1 teaspoon Matcha Zen tea powder
- ¼ cup (84 g) honey
- 1/4 cup (64 g) natural peanut butter
Toast your oats! Just a couple of minutes at 350°F or 180°C until they are brown. Can you skip this step? Yes, but why deny yourself the toasty goodness? Put the oats, almonds, dates, Matcha Zen Tea Powder and dates in a mixing bowl. Heat the peanut butter and honey in a pot on a low heat. Line a baking sheet with parchment and pile the mixture on top. Use a rolling pin to roll it flat—this also helps the bars to stick together. Cut into bars and place in fridge for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
- You can use a food processor to chop your dates.
- For vegan bars, substitute maple or agave syrup for the honey.
- Use almond butter instead of peanut butter.
- Want a gluten-free option? Use GF oats instead.
- Knock yourself out adding extras to this. Some suggestions include chocolate chips, dried fruit, nuts, mini marshmallows, hemp or chia seeds and coconut.