It’s Friday night and if you want something quick, easy and delicious that’s also healthy, we’ve got your back! One bite of our fish taco with matcha mayo recipe, and there’ll be a party in your mouth. Use any fish you like, although mahi mahi and salmon are both great choices. Fish with a high Omega-3 content and black pepper both enhance the absorption of the ani-oxidants found in matcha tea.
For the kale slaw:
- 2 cups of shredded cabbage (red or green or both)
- 2 cups kale (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup red onion (thinly sliced)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the matcha mayo:
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 jalapeño chile (seeded and minced)–optional
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Matcha Zen powdered tea
For the fish:
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 pounds fish cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- Avocado (sliced)
- Lime wedges
Mix the ingredients for the matcha mayo in a medium bowl. Add the ingredients for the kale slaw and mix well. Place in the fridge while you cook the fish. In a plate, mix the flour, salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Place the oil in the pan and turn up to a medium heat. When the oil is heated, take each piece of fish and coat it in the flour mixture. Lay it gently in the oil and cook until nicely browned.
Lay out the tortillas on your work surface. Place a spoon of kale slaw and matcha mayo on the bottom, topped by the fish and slices of avocado and garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately with a lime wedge.
If you are feeling especially caliente today, add some salsa, cheese and dollop of sour cream.